Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Details. Always with the details.

It was brought to my attention today that I may have left a few details out of my last blog. Important details, according to a good friend of mine. So I'll fill in the blanks a bit. There will be no running water, and yes, I will have to use an out house. I WILL, how ever, be showering. Showering often. There is a sauna/shower that I will be using. It might turn out to be a nicer shower than what I have in my apartment now, considering my current shower is only slightly bigger than a coffin. We will also have electricity. It's not too rustic. Just enough to be a challange. Another detail I must have missed is my location. I'll be in a very remote place, but not desolate. It is a burley, hour drive an awesome little town. So civilization gone altogher. You never know when I might need a day out of the "bush", and make a run for a caramel latte.

I went shopping for outdoor gear today. That was less exciting than expected. Turns out, in order to be warm in sub zero temps, you also have to look 50lbs heavier, and not match. That's right, I'm upset about the not matching. Who ever said in order to be well insulated you have to look haphazard?? So I'm on a mission to have a fierce, and functional winter wardrobe. As most of you know, I am an amazing shopper. So I'll be putting my skills to the test. I did find some great boots. Seriously warm, tough, and light weight. BUT, they are only available in camo. Not the trendy, hoodie, or message T camo, but "Real Tree" camo. That's right my friends, my feet could completely disappear in the woods. Not available in black, or grey, or even forest green. But "Real Tree" camo. My worst dressing nightmare come true. I'm going to take it on the chin, because camo looks better than frostbite. You better believe it will be the first and last thing in my wardrobe that will fall under the camo catagory. On the upside, it matches so well with so many things, due to the aray of neutral colors that "Real Tree" offers.

In other happenings, I recieved a long awaited package from my parents. Filled with Mountain Man snacks, and Old Navy Tanks and shirts. Thanks Ma. Gawd knows she wants me looking fantastic underneath all that Sub Zero blah. So until next time.......

1 comment:

peddler said...

It's nice that you remember the Mountain Man candy and tanks from MOOOOMMM but you never said anything about the sweet Sesame Street chef I sent you. Remember my little mismatched pup.... Details always with the details. Love You Dad