Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh Landlord, how I love you...

Today I had to call my landlord and let him know Rob and I are bailing out on our lease. Not only bailing out, but 6 whole months early. I was so nervous to tell for a couple of reasons.
1.) He has been such an awesome landlord. He was down with Tubbs even though he doesn't rent to pet owners. He also had us moved into our place with only a weeks notice.
2.) Because he has been so great, I didn't want to put him in a tight spot
3.) I have a mini middle school crush on him.
But it had to be done. So I told him about our sled dog adventure, and how we loved him, and asked what we could do to work things out. He said, in a very smooth voice.... No problem, that he loved us too, and thinks we are dream tenants, and we could get our deposit back and be out by Nov. 1st if we helped show the apartment to possible tenants, and promised to clean before we leave.
I KNOW! How awesome! Things for the sled dog adventure seem to be falling right into place. I was so greatful for how the lease thing played out, I started thinking about other thinks I should be greatful for.
I started to think about all the people in my life that just go along for the ride when I make these crazy, and sometimes rash descisions. When I think about my friends that I love and adore, but who I constantly seem to leave. How lucky can I be, that they stay in touch. Not just stay in touch, but stay close, and love me everyday.
THEN.... (I know, alot of thinking today) I thought about my family. How they continue to support everything I do. Even if they know it will end badly, or if it's not exactally what they would of liked for me. How everytime I call my mom and dad to tell them that I'll be moving, or traveling again, thier heart breaks because the moving and traveling will not be to thier spare room. But they cheer me on the whole way. Seriously, how could be so lucky??
I can't even begin with my brother. So I won't. He knows. I know. We love each other.
Where am I going with this, I'm not sure. Just thank you. The truth is, that without the people I love and who love me, I would never go and do. Never take the risk. It's so much safer to take a huge leap when you know someone's there to clean you up if you wipe out.
All this from one conversation with my uber hunky landlord. Mmmm, thanks Brian