Sunday, March 8, 2009

I know, I know.....

I know, I know..... WHERE HAVE I BEEN? Haha! No where really, just not writing blogs.

Everyday this past week, Rob and I were running dogs. The weather was AMAZING! I talked to my mom on Friday and told her it's been one of my favorite times to be here (dog wise). Getting to run a team that I've put most of my efforts in, is pretty rewarding. Having warmer, sunny weather, is like a cherry on top!!

Rob and I are both working hard with our teams for Mush for a Cure! It's only 6 days away!! I can't believe it. I've been checking the site and we are already up to 33 teams. Go to www.mushforacure.com and check it out. Awesome. Rob and I will both be running teams of 7, not 8. Julie is going to run a team using dogs from Black Magic, so there won't be enough room around the truck if we all have 8 dogs. We'll just play it safe and shrink our teams just a tiny bit.

Friday was our day off, and it felt really nice. Rob's brother, Randon, came up from Brainerd and brought snowmobiles with him. Rob's snowmobile has been in the shop most of the winter, so it was great to get at least one great weekend of riding in. It was such a relief to see Rob's snowmobile, let alone hear it start up on the first couple of pulls! Letting the boys go ride, left me with the day off... ALONE. I haven't gone to town or really done anything by myself since we arrived here. It was perfect! I tooled around town on my own schedule, meeting Lyndsay for lunch, and then coffee. I ran into a cousin of mine, Lily, that I haven't seen in a looooong time. I gabbed on the phone endlessly. Like I said, it felt great:)

Having Randon here has been fun. He's been helping out with dog chores, and contributed his random car knowledge for trivia. Mark and Mary have been gracious hosts. Now it's Sunday, I think Randon is heading out after dog chores. I'm not sure, he seems to like it quite a bit up here. Rob, I and our teams will be back to work today. Mark and Mary gave a warning, as they ran yesterday, that the trails are fast and icy. I better hold on!!!

Being that there is only 6 days left til Mush for a Cure, I'm going to write in PINK everyday! Just to remind everyone about making pledges and volunteering!! You get what you give in this life, so GIVE A LOT!!:):)

No comments: