Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Last Lunch Loop


We are got covered in snow yesterday. It's awesome! It started snowing around noon. Rob, Mark and I all took a team out just as it started coming down.
As we were leaving the yard, huge fat flakes were falling from the sky. The kind you hope for on Christmas. The temperature wasn't very cold, it really was perfect. The wind started to pick up near the end of the run, which made going through The Burn a little nippy.
It was the last time we were running out 8 dog teams for the Mush for a Cure. I can't believe it came so fast. The dogs have worked hard, and look great. It's going to be so much fun. Mark, Rob and I will run the dogs down to the truck on Friday. They will spend the night up at Gunflint Pines. Rob and I will stay at the dog yard until Saturday morning, to take care of the remaining dogs. Early Saturday we will head up the Gunflint to the race!! There are now 34 mushers, and 4 skijorers(sp??). Sounds like things are really coming together this week, with volunteers and prize donations. Thanks everyone.
Today, we will be moving snow. Not an overly exciting task, but it must be done. I'm not sure how much snow we have, but luckily it's not the full foot and a half they were predicting.
Rob's brother brought us a camera to use for the remainder of our time here. Which is nice because my brand new one is useless without any battery. Thanks Tubbs. So here is a picture of Rob, Honey, and I. Aren't those giant Carhart bibs SO flattering on me? Hahaaa!!

1 comment:

Fritzee said...

Love the bibs. I must get me some. So in style. Love ya and have fun mushing for the cure. You will do just great. Let us all know what happens.