Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Big City" Visit!

I'm here in the "Big City", at a hotel updating my blog. My mom is visiting Minneapolis this weekend, so I drove down to meet her. (Thanks Mark and Mary, for the time) We saw each other at Christmas, but it feels like it's been longer:) She is visiting for my cousin Natalie's wedding shower. It's been a weekend filled with lots of laughing, shopping and coffees. I've been spoiled like crazy, and now it's about time to get back to reality.

I guess I haven't written since the 27th! Since then, no huge news. Mark spent a couple of days down in Duluth. He went to catch the end of the Beargrease, and he also went to the Beargrease Finishers meeting, hoping to share some of his ideas about the changes made to the race. While he was away, and Mary in town at work, Hannah, Rob and I were left up at camp. (no, that wasn't a complaint. we actually don't mind at all. we're just glad m&m feel comfortable leaving their babies with us) On Wednesday, all three of us took a team of six dogs out for a run. I lead with Hercules and Elbrus. Elbrus wasn't too excited about running lead, or at least running lead for me, so we made some quick changes, and off we went.

Thursday was a day of rest for the dogs. The last couple of days they (the B and C team) had all been run in different little groups. So we thought a rest day would be nice. I packed and got ready for my trip, while Hannah packed to go home. I brought her down with me to the cities to save her mom a trip next week. Having company for the long drive wasn't bad either.

That brings us to Friday. Friday morning we all helped Mark hook up a team of 14, and off he went. He is working on picking his team of 12 for the UP race. After he was on his way, Rob drove Hannah and I to the Red Gate. We met my cousin Lyndsay (the one with the dairy farm), who drove my car to pick us up. After a good bye to Rob, we were on the road.

Rob headed back up to camp to hook up a team of his own. He had a team of 8 dogs. He was all by himself. I was having major guilt about that. Here I was driving away to civilization, and spoil city, and he was hooking up his team all alone :( I called Mark and Mary's house on Friday night to hear all about Rob's solo run. I was just in time to catch him walking through the door for trivia! That's right, Rob was playing trivia, without me! Exciting. Rob said the run went well, and that everyone, him included, made it home safe and sound. I read Mary's blog today and it mentioned that he went out again yesterday. I'm pretty jealous. I spent my day driving around Minneapolis shopping. Not as exciting, but still fun. Although, I did pick up a few little treats to bring back up to camp.

Tonight it's just mom and I. Everyone else has headed out of town. Luckily she's here for one more night:) We're heading up to our room to put our p.j.'s on just relax.

No comments: