Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday already?.....Geez

I didn't realize it was Monday already. Where did the weekend go?? I'll update you I guess....

Saturday we went to town. There was a HUGE snowmobile rally in our area, so we wanted to avoid that. We packed up the laundry and recycling and headed to town. When we got there, we were starving. We were also feeling like we've eaten every where there is to eat. Mary has mentioned that Hughie's Tacos was pretty tasty, so we thought we'd try it. It didn't disappoint! The lady at the counter was really nice, and helpful. She may have been the owner? I ordered one taco, and Rob ordered two. They fry the flour tortilla right as you order, so it's still warm when it gets to you. I think we had just enough time to grab our sodas, forks and napkins and the tacos were already being delivered to our table. They were the huge! One taco almost took up my whole plate. But that didn't stop me from going back up and ordering a second one! The tacos come with all the fixins too. I'm pretty sure the guacamole and salsa were made fresh. Anyhow, Hughies has been added to our favorites list. If you're in Grand Marais, and are looking for something different, fresh, and fast, hit up Hughies!

Sunday we did the normal dog chores and hooked up our 8 dog teams. The Lunch Loop has become our second home:) I'm pretty sure I've found six of the dogs I'd like to take to the Mush for a Cure. I'll have to talk it over with Mark and Mary, and hopefully I'll have a full team soon:). I think I'll be borrowing a leader, or two from the Varsity team. Oh I'm so excited!

Mark also finished the UP Race on Sunday. He finished 15th. Mary said the weather for the race was the worst she's ever seen. The final leg of the race was REALLY slow going for Mark and the team. We're really proud of Mark and all the dogs!! And can't wait for them to all get home. Sounds like everyone (and everydog) is pretty tired and ready to be back in their own houses.

Today we did dog chores, and ran the Lunch Loop. We also did a few chores outside, like digging out the gate to the puppy pens, and making sure every dogs door was clear. It was another sunny day, and nice to be out and about.

Rob, Roxy (Mark & Mary's house dog), Buster (Mark & Mary's house cat), Tubbs, Keenan, and I are all in the big cabin getting ready to watch a movie. Nighty night....

No comments: