Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Round Two!!


Today we ran the Lunch Loop again. Rob ran his team from yesterday, only he traded me Brown, for Blue. Blue seemed to get tired yesterday, and since I'm the heaviest person, on the heaviest sled, I need all the power I can get. Haha. Hannah ran her same team as well, and off we went. Well sort of. Rob's leader Hercules wasn't overly excited to run today. He's not a fan of warmer weather. I know what you are all thinking, "WARMER WEATHER??!!??". It was almost 30 degrees today, and yes, that's WARMER weather for us.
Anyhow, Hercy isn't a fan of the warm weather, and he didn't feel like going right away, which caused quite a tangle. Twice. Once right in the dog yard, and the second time about a block outside of the dog yard. Robs team came to a screeching halt, and then mine did right behind it. We had to stop right where Hannahs team was coming out of the shoot. It was little crazy. Or a lot crazy. Mark was there to help with the tangle, even though it wasn't easy for him. Mark threw his back out a couple of days ago, and he was in pretty awful shape today. Tossing a couple of dogs around didn't help much. While we were gone on our run, Mark headed to town to the chiropractor. Which helped. He's not 100%, but at least he can sit down without looking like he's going to cry.

After we worked out the kinks, we were on our way. It was a bit overcast, but still a beautiful day. We passed Neil right at the beginning of The Burn, and then again as we were leaving the Lunch Loop. The run was great. We had only one wipe out, and it was me. At the end of the return trail, I just couldn't manage to talk Cleo and Kila into going straight. They wanted to go left. And so we did. I tried to stop them, and tipped my sled over. They dragged me, face in the snow, for a bit. Rob had enough time to hook his team and run over to help me "re-direct" my team. Other than the beginning and end, the run was incident free!!
On both of the runs the last two days, I keep thinking how fun it would be to bring my brother along. Or my mom and dad. How amazing it would be for them to get to see what I see everyday. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we can make something work.
Mary came home a day earlier than planned. Mark was going to run all 16 Beargrease dogs tomorrow for their last run before heading to Duluth. With his jacked up back, that's not going to happen. Instead, Mary will run 8 dogs and Rob will run the other 8. I think Mary said they will take the Lunch Loop route. It's a good route :)
Today's picture is Rob ahead of me with his team, helping them along up a hill.

1 comment:

peddler said...

I know that we would all like to be there to see you and what you're doing in person, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I hope you know that we are all there with you in our hearts. Reading your stories is almost like being there and keeps you close.
Love you
Pa