Saturday, January 10, 2009

White Oak Weekend Continued.....

Yesterday was our first official full day of being without Mark, Mary, and the other 22 dogs. Things went smooth! Dog chores go especially fast with less dogs and more handlers :). We are missing the dogs that are gone though. Last night I asked Rob if he thought that they were missing us. He thinks, maybe.
After breakfast Rob took a small team of dogs for a quick run around the lunch loop. Olive and Hercules were leaders, followed by Honey and Moon, and Maggie and Bree in wheel. The dogs were so excited to be out. Rob was back so quickly, I barely had time to start the giant pile of dishes. I ran out to greet him and the dogs. All the dogs looked bummed out the run was over so quickly, so we decided another loop around couldn't hurt. Off they went again. While they were gone, I managed to put a good dent in the dishes, while Hannah took care of some school work.

We've split some of the dogs chores up between the three of us, and it's working well. Rob gives the fat snacks at 3 am, Hannah does the morning dry feed at 7:30am, and I'm in charge of the night time dry feed around 4ish pm.

Today, Rob and I will both take a team out on the short loop. We'll keep the teams small, at six a piece. I'm excited to be out on the sled again. We'll have Hannah on the snowmobile as our emergency support. If all goes well, she'll just be out for a nice enjoyable ride :). Us too.

Mark, and Mary, and their teams take off from the starting line at 1:00, and 1:02 this afternoon. You can keep track of how they are doing in the race by going to http://www.whiteoakclassic.org/. It's pretty cool that we'll be able to keep an eye on them as they go.

The pictures today are of P.J., the dog my parents adopted. He's not as easy to photograph as some of the other dogs. He always seems to be on the move. He's at the race today. Also, there is Trout, P.J.'s brother, and Matty. I caught them lounging earlier this week. They are also at the race. And finally, there's little Indi. She's not sleeping, I swear. I'm so excited for her, she's at the race too, and I hope she does AWESOME! I'll take some pictures of todays run for tomorrows post.

No comments: