Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall in Minnesota

It's fall in Minnesota, finally. It's my favorite time of year. I know everyone in Colorado will argue, but, I have to say, fall in Minnesota is the best!! Rob, Tubbs, and Keenan and I have been to the park everyday this week. All the leaves are changing. Some are all done, and others just beginning. There are so many maples, and they look florescent red. The sidewalk is covered with pine needles, so it feels like carpet. It's so nice out that we were in jeans and t shirts. Living so close to the park is awesome. To any of my Colorado firends, the park I live by is like a mini Wash Park. It's great. I'm hoping that if we move back here next spring, we'll be in the same neighborhood. They flood part of the park in the winter for an ice rink. It's such a neat place. I can imagine what our neighbors think when our whole crew walks to the park. Rob carrying Keenan (our cat), while riding a skate board, and Tubbs and I running down the side walk to keep up. Yes, we are THOSE people that take our cat on walks with us. It keeps her more dog like. Or at least that's what I tell myself. I think Tubbs is getting nervous lately, because of all the boxes. I'm sure he's thinking "Really?? Moving again? Geezus". Keenan doesn't care what's going on, as long as she's with Tubbs. It's a strange, strange love connection.
Rob and I went on a gear quest on Tuesday. He thought it was kind of a bust. I was pleasantly surprised! I found great stuff, and..... ALL MATCHING!! Things are looking up. The highlight of our excursion was our early evening sushi dinner. It was amazing! We took about an hour and a half to eat sushi, american style. By that I mean more than we needed, and made Rob uncomfortably full. The miso soup, seaweed salad! All our favorite rolls! We are regulars at the sushi place, and the little japanese woman always makes us feel like we're on our couch at home. Which can be dangerous because she beefs up our rolls and usually kicks us a little extra. It also doesn't help that we are usually laughing like crazy too. Just imagine all that sushi in a rumbling, laughing belly. Not good. It may have been our last visit before we head north. The time crunch is upon us!
I'm busy starting to pack, again. I hate packing so much, but seem to do it every six months or so. Wierd! But I'm getting so excited to move, and start my new job. I'm so anxious to see what it will be like. I'll be going home to Colorado for a super quick trip in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be back for Christmas too, but this will be my "just in case" visit. It's gonna be a busy month! Only 31 days left!!! Holy crap!
Oh, if you want to check out the sled dog team, go to www.blackmagickennels.com . It's pretty cool, and you can get a better idea of what I'll be doing. Talk to you soon!! Maybe even see some of you soon!

No comments: