Friday, October 24, 2008

"Why is all your stuff so...EXTREME!"

Today Rob and I started to actually move stuff into the storage unit. It drove me CRAZY! He always teases me about how long it takes me to pack and move. How he can move in a night if he needed too. Someone get him an award. I take a long time because everything has a place. Therefore making the actual physical move, much easier. Yes, I know, I sound like my mother. I thought so myself.

As we are dropping off a load at the storage unit, I start stacking my perfectly packed rubbermaid containers. I look over and Rob is laying these things all over the 10 ft by 20ft space: (and I'm not exaderating) 3 different skate boards, all with varrying lengths and wheel sizes, a 10inch ice auger, an off road wheel barrow, a snowmobile helmut, two garbage cans full of homemade compost, a broom, a vaccum, 2 life vests, 3 seperate tool boxes, a few things I can't really pin point what they are, 2 kayak paddles, and 4 canoe paddles.

We still have two queen sized beds, two couches, and random other furniture. And if we're lucky, two kayaks, and a canoe. It's at this moment I say (not in an angry voice, more freaked out and sketchy) "Why does all you stuff have to be so....EXTREME?!?".

He says (without taking any offense or even thinking anything of it really) "cuz I'm extreme. Ha ha.". Good thing we still have a week. We're hoping for good weather this whole week. That way we wont be moving in the rain (like today), or snow.

I looked for businesses for sale in Colorado today. Just wieghing out my options for after the dog sled adventures. So if anybody gets any leads, or good ideas, keep me in the loop!

No comments: