Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back in the saddle again....

So we were back to work on Sunday. Not that being back to work is bad. We were so excited to see the dogs, that taking them out for a run didn't feel like work at all. Sunday didn't start off bad, just didn't go as well as I'd like. Sunday turned into "just one of those days". When everything seems to go just a little wrong. And eventually, the day just feels crappy. So when night time chores were over and dinner was in my belly, I was glad to be headed to bed and looking forward to Monday.

Monday was a great day. There was a light dusting of snow all day. Not enough to make too much of a difference, but it was great for my morale. Rob and I took the B team out for our usual lunch loop. Things went smooth, even with a couple of new additions. It was our first run with Noodle, and we acquired Blue from the Varsity team as well. They did great. We ran their goofy butts together, so maybe they off set each other? When I harnessed Noodle, he absolutely cooperated. It was strange, but I'll take it!! There has been a bit of moving around on all of the teams. Dogs being promoted and demoted all over the place. Little Zena just got promoted to the Varsity team. She's so funny, and I'm sure she thinks that she's finally back where she belongs. Johhny ran with the B team yesterday, so that's a step up for him. Bud ran with the C team today, so that's a bit of a step down. I'm sure he's on the way back up:) Mary left for a work trip Monday morning. She'll be gone until Friday, yikes! It will be just Mark, Rob, and I. With all three of us with a love of sleeping in, things could get tricky. Anyhow.... Mark made chili for dinner and it was SO good. People think that chili is simple, and it is. But it is also pretty easy to mess up. Thank goodness Mark is a chili pro!!

Today was a slow start, lots of business for Mark to take care of over the phone. He also had to head into town, one of his least favorite activities. The morning started out looking pretty nasty. It was super windy, cold, and overcast. While Mark was in town, Rob and I ran the C team. With the weather looking so sketchy, we hustled to put our best layers on. We were so bundled up, we were breaking a sweat before we left our cabin. I think we may have over estimated the cold factor. As we started the process of hooking up, the clouds parted and the sun started shining. It turned out to be a beautiful day. And we were more than warm enough :). Mark came back this afternoon with his errands run, little red on the truck, and a hair cut. All within four hours! He must stay more focused in town than Rob and I. After night time dog chores and dinner, I had a quick web chat with my parents and now I'm catching up on the blog. I'm hoping to post the pictures I talked about last time, but I'm having some trouble. So bare with me!! If not tonight, tomorrow for sure!

2 comments:

Nate said...

I just stopped by the kennel's blog and checked out the picture of Denali again. That dude is a beast...but crazy-cute. Kinda like myself! HA! We are perfect for each other. How is he doing on the varsity team. With all these moves Im wondering if he's got his spot locked up or what? I would only imagine he does with an adoptive father like myself, right? I mean, how could he not be the best? HA HA. I love you and I miss you terribly.

Brother

mellie said...

wow. you're too much! denali is doing great. i don't think you have anything to worry about with him. he's pretty bad ass and i think he's got his postition pretty locked down. nice of you to check in on him though. i'll tell him you said "hey D!!". love you too!