Monday, November 17, 2008

Dog days off

Today is day two of the dogs resting. After the chicken soup service, we did a little doctoring of the dogs feet. It was our first time getting to do the applying ourselves. Rob and I decided to tag team the activity. For Emma, Rob held her and I put on the goop. Amber was so easy. She has a small pit irritation. Whenever you walk by Amber, she jumps to put her front paws on you. So when we went over to her, she jumped on her house, and put her paws on me. I made a quick move and gooped her up quick. Next was Valor. I held him, and Rob gooped him. Team work is fun! Because we aren't running dogs, to pass the time, and because shit needs to get done around here :), Mark, Rob and I built an Arctic entry for the bunk barn today. It was mostly Mark building, be we helped a little. And for those of you who don't know what an Arctic entry is..... It's just a mini entry way so that when it's freaking freezing, and you open the door to your house, not all the cold air and snow come blowing in. Why the guys were doing some of the building, I did the dishes and got water. It was nice getting water by myself, because that means I got to ride the four wheeler. Even if it was only around the house. Haha. After dishes and water, I cleaned up our new little stove.

While the three of us were milling around today, Tubbs ran around the dog yard like crazy. Yesterday he got to be good friends with Willie. Willie is the oldest dog in the dog yard. He's awesome. He also was in the Iditarod. Willie runs around the dog yard on occasion. Sometimes when the puppies are out. He's like the Uncle that keeps them in line. So, Tubbs was hangin out by Willie's house. Next door to Willie, lives Valor. Valor is Rob's favorite dog. Rob's not wishy washy like me (although, I'm pretty certain Ophir is my #1), changing his favorite everyday. Valor is his favorite, period. Tubbs sort of tip toed around Valor, and then went in for the dog "hand shake". Valor is a sweet, and friendly dog. He was excited for a new friend. Tubbs spent quite a chunk of the afternoon floating between Valor and Willlie. It was fun for Tubbs, and I hope Willie, and Valor too.

The Arctic entry took up, pretty much, the whole day. We had a little down time, then it was night time dog chore time. Everything went as usual. There was a short puppy escape. Spock made a break for it. With a little help from Mark's voice, Rob snatched him right up, and back to the puppy pen he went. Nice try Spock! Mary got home from work and whipped up a big dinner. Mary got her hair done today, which brought up a very minor issue at "Off The Beaten Path ", that I am going to look towards my readers for assistance in solving. You see, Mary came home today thinking she might want to add a little red to her hair. Maybe just change it up a bit. To which mark commented, Hell, I'll just bring back the mullet!(not in those exact words) So what do you guys think? Red? or Mullet? I'm having a hard time deciding. As you all know, I'm a fan of the bottled red (not that I am a bottled red head, at all). But I'm also a fan of the vintage mullet. So let's hear it!! I'm sure Mark and Mary are going to love all this!

I'll have some pictures of the construction project tomorrow. Also tomorrow, the vet is coming. That should be very exciting. OH, and it started to snow, a tiny, tiny bit today. Cross your fingers!!!

Here's a little shout out to Tanya. Wish you were coming this year! I think Rob and I, both, are getting a little sick of looking at each other.

1 comment:

Nate said...

I'm going to go with the Red Hair! Mullets, while entertaining, are a little too Mississippi for my liking. Perhaps growing his hair out would be a better option.

I'm hoping with all hope that you guys can get some snow so the dogs can get runnning again!!