Friday, November 14, 2008

Snow, Please











Today was a fun day. We had coffee in the morning, as usual, and as needed. Then morning dog chores, and some quick chores around the homestead. Just to keep things interesting, Keenan ran out the front door while we were on the way to breakfast. She camped out under our cabin for a good fifteen min. It wasn't until she tried a risky run across the yard to the truck, that I snatched her back up. Geez!! After all that commotion, running dogs. The plan was for Mark to run the Varsity team, Rob the C team, and me the B team. But one of the four wheelers, "little red", wasn't feeling up to the challenge today. So Rob and I rode together. It was a great ride. I'm feeling a little more comfortable, which makes the ride more enjoyable. I actually knew where we were going today. That's a nice feeling. There were little flurries on and off while we were out today. I'm so excited for snow to come. I can't wait to try a sled out!! So everyone, wish for snow with me!! It will be good for the dogs, and great for your entertainment while I'm out there!!

Rob and I came home before Mark. He's pushing the miles up a bit on the Varsity team, getting them ready for some of the races coming up. After we got back, we took care of the dogs, and filled all the water buckets. While resting from our chores, our crazy ass cat escaped! Again. She made a break for it while Rob had the door open. She's sneaky, and fast! So we spent another 15 minutes or so wrangling her up. She's more bobcat than house cat, I think. She's dying to be an outside cat. Rob votes yes, I vote no. I'm too much of a sissy to let her. I win.

Mark got home with the Varsity team not to long ago. We all pitched in with feeding the dogs, and then Mark got the sauna ready. Woo hoo for a sauna! Now we have to get the dogs their chicken soup before trivia. Throw showers and dinner in there somewhere too. Rob and I are going to make Mark and Mary dinner tonight. We're keeping it super basic, but hopefully super tasty. I volunteered to make it, but it will mostly be Rob. Something seems to happen to my cooking skills when I leave an industrial kitchen. It's weird.

I've got some pics for today. They are a couple of us on the trail with the dogs, it was gorgeous today. One of Rob napping with Tubbs, and one of me in front of our tiny cabin.

3 comments:

Nate said...

So what? You tell us about pics but don't post them? Come on dude!

Lorski said...

You know, if Keenan is a problem I could take her off your hands...just a thought. Wait, then I really WOULD be the crazy cat lady! I think it is too risky to let her out up there, there's like owls and wolves and stuff. Sounds sweet up there, you gonna come back after all this??

Fritzee said...

Hey you.... I love that you are doing this and love to hear the storries. Can we traid places so that I don't have to turn thirty on Sunday. Love you and miss you and Nate is way to funny. Give all the dogs kisses blakes says. And yes I let him read your blog cause he wants to know how his "left, right, center" partner is. We love you and miss you so much. I got my wish and you know that I wish for snow every year on my birthday and it came two days early. At least I got it. So now I pray for snow for you. Love ya Gabi.....

Love Friti