Tuesday, November 11, 2008

HOLY CRAP!

That's right, I said "Holy Crap"!! Today I got to run the dogs all by myself. Well, Mary and Mark ran the Varsity team ahead of me and the B team, while Rob followed. But still, I was on the four wheeler alone with the B team! It was crazy! I think I did a good job. We all came back in one piece and happy. I can't ask for much more than that. It took me about half way through the ride to even relax and enjoy the ride. My hands and arms were cramping up because I was squeezing the handle bars Also hard. Haha. I may need to work on relaxing more than anything. The dogs did such a good job. Every once in a while they looked back at me and I swear this is what they were saying.... Wally "Bro, I think that girl is back there alone. Is she qualified for this?", Brown "I don't know dude. She seems okay. A little sketched out. But she's cool." Then Kila to Ranger "What's with this girl? I think she might be talking to herself. Is she okay?" Ranger "She's alright. She feeds us so she must be alright." And I'm sure various other conversations. I think Bud looked back and said "You're doing alright. Just keep up the pace." And Bud's neighbor Mich was saying "I'm over this running thing. I think I'll let Bud do all the work and I'll chomp at grass as it goes by". It was an eventful after noon.

Last night after I had already written my blog, all four of us, Mark, Mary, Rob and I put new straw in all the dogs houses. They were so excited! I imagined it's the same feeling when you put fresh sheets on your bed. After we filled all the houses, we turned in looked and every dog was in their house. Except for Willie. Willie is too bad ass to hang out in his house. The moon was bright, the sky was clear, and all the dogs were ready for bed. Another good day.

So back to today. After all the dogs were watered and given their crunchy treats, we put them back to their houses. We filled water and and it was time for their nightly chicken soup. It's not really chicken soup. But something very similar. We had about a half an hour before chicken soup time. We let Tubbs out to run around a bit. He brought a moose bone into the house. Which is awesome for him. Totally gross for us. Especially when he wants to eat it on the couch. Haha. So we threw the bone on the deck and went to serve up the soup. When we got back to the cabin, Tubbs had helped himself to our bag of pistachios. The worst part is, he only licked them all. He didn't even eat any of the nuts. Just gross enough that we won't eat them either. He's precise with his revenge. h thinks "You take my moose bone, I'll lick your"....Whoa. That wasn't going to sound right. You get the point. Good thing he's so damn cute. And how bout Keenan. She's taught herself how to climb the 7ft latter to get up to the loft. But she doesn't know how to get down. So she sits up there meowing until we can find her and get her down. How spoiled are our animals. I guess that's all for today. Now I'm making us late for dinner.

Tomorrow and Thursday the dogs are resting. So Thursday Rob and I have the day /afternoon off. We're so excited. We're having lunch at the tavern and I'm going to eat the begeezus out of some tamales!! AND! I have to remember to write about Friday night trivia! It's hilarious. And you can all play too! Later!

3 comments:

MariaH said...

Damn woman!! i can't believe you are doing this!! i have mad props for you!! miss you!! hope everything is going great! love ya!!

Calicoteach said...

Hi sweetheart, I am so much enjoying reading your blog. You are so funny and I can't wait to hear about your next day!
Love, Mom xxooxx

Nate said...

I can't wait to hear stories about you on an actual sled, rather than the four wheeler! That is going to be awesome!