Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day One!!


So, we made it! We left Brainerd yesterday around one o clock, and I have no idea what time it was when we finally pulled in to Black Magic Kennels. Once you turn off Highway 61, it's kind of a crap shoot for someone who's only been here one time. Throw in the fact that it was dark. Inheriting my insane memory for places I've been before, from my mom, is something that really paid off last night. Although, there were at least two times I thought that maybe we were going in a giant circle. And I know Rob was positive we were lost. But, tada! I got us here!!

Mary and Mark were waiting for us, helped us unload, and fed us full for dinner. It was a great welcome. Once we were back in the cabin. Rob and I looked at each other and said "We're really doing this, aren't we.". I didn't even unpack, just made my bed, and let Rob talk me to sleep. Tubbs was the only thing that woke me up in the middle of the night. He's still getting used to the noises of being in the woods, and 47 other dogs.


We were up by 8:00 this morning. Not bad at all. Mary had coffee ready, we did a few dog chores (that's exactly what it sounds like, picking up poop), fed the dogs, and had breakfast. It's been raining like crazy, so there was no dog running yet today. Which is a bummer. That is what I'm most anxious about. And there might not be running tomorrow either. It could be 60degrees! I heard on the radio that Tuesday could be up to 68! What a fall! That's just to hot for the dogs to be running. So I'm sure there is plenty of other chores to do around "camp". Maybe I'll sweep out all the cobwebs from our outhouse. Now that's a sentence I never thought I'd say, think, or type! Ha Ha! Here's another one: Rob's in the garage with Mark cleaning the three beavers he trapped yesterday. I'm going to try and post some pictures of them. They are freakin huge!! Biggest beavers I've ever seen! I know I'm leaving that statement open for all sorts of comments. But when you see these beavers, it's no joke :) Mark says he gets some of them that are up to 60lbs!! That's bigger than Tubbs!! Anyhow... enough about beavers. Perverts.
I'm unpacking a little right now. I may have overpacked. But better safe than sorry, right? I'll go and try and help Mary with dinner soon. Roast! Mmmmm. It'll be time to feed and water the dogs again soon. Hope to have more news tomorrow. As of now, we made, and things are good :

2 comments:

Fritzee said...

Beavers Gabi. That is all the fun things that you have done in the whole day you have been there. Did Rob like the beavers? Haha. Love ya kid and miss you like crazy. Fritzi

Nate said...

BEAVER!! Did he shave the beavers before he cleaned them? HA HA HA...yep. Dude, pics pics and more pics. Just walk around and take a bunch of pics!!